Karla and Greg Walsh at Folk Night
David Dalton
2016-04-19 01:02:06 UTC
This Wednesday, April 20, 9--11:30 p.m., at Folk Night at
The Ship Pub in St. John's, Newfoundland, the headliners
will be Karla and Greg Walsh.

Cover is $5, there are door prizes, there is an open
mic set between the two headline sets, and open mic
performers get a free beer. Also the kitchen is open
until 8 p.m.

Here is the blurb fromhttp://nlfolk.com/folknight.php#:

Greg and Karla Walsh have been playing music together for as long as they
have known each other. Both coming from musical families, their first gig
together was by completely by accident - at a summer cadet glock and drum
band camp in 1993. Several years later, their paths crossed again and their
relationship and sharing of music began in earnest. Now married for over 10
years and with two young children who also have a love of music and song,
they continue connecting through playing music and sharing it with others,
this time with traditional instrumentation. (Greg - vocals, fiddle, bouzouki,
mandola, piano accordion and Karla - vocals, guitar). Favoring a mixture of
traditional, folk and instrumental tunes, they have performed together with
various versions of the Ray Walsh Family Band over the years, as a duo at the
NL Folk Festival and have blended their talents on numerous recording
projects. Greg is also a member of The Masterless Men.

Next week (April 27) there will be The NL Step Dance Project (with live
music, step dance demonstrations, and step dance lessons). The following week
(May 4) there will be a traditional session hosted by fiddler Maria Cherwick
of The Kubasonics.
"My thoughts are for you, love, and I'm out of my mind,
For twenty-one years is a mighty long time." (Bob Miller)
David Dalton
2016-04-20 21:56:17 UTC
Post by David Dalton
This Wednesday, April 20, 9--11:30 p.m., at Folk Night at
The Ship Pub in St. John's, Newfoundland, the headliners
will be Karla and Greg Walsh.
That is cancelled for tonight due to the snowstorm. They will be
rebooked for a later date.