Google Chrome - "open link in new Window"
Young Martle
2009-09-07 12:08:35 UTC
I'm feeling kinda stupid here this morning!

Using latest version of Google Chrome.

Chrome initally opens in full screen window.

If I right ckick on a link and select "open link in new window", the
new window that opens is very small.

How do I get it to open in full size window?

( I think this is something I should know but the ol' noggin is a
little groggy da 'smornin and google search is not helping)

Thanks
YM
Carter
2009-09-07 14:10:22 UTC
Post by Young Martle
I'm feeling kinda stupid here this morning!
Using latest version of Google Chrome.
Chrome initally opens in full screen window.
If I right ckick on a link and select "open link in new window", the
new window that opens is very small.
How do I get it to open in full size window?
I don't know how to do it automatically but F11 toggles between
small screen and full screen.

How does one bookmark a page in Google Chrome?

Carter
Young Martle
2009-09-07 14:50:43 UTC
Post by Carter
How does one bookmark a page in Google Chrome?
click on the star to the left of the address bar / right of the
"Home" button.
Carter
2009-09-07 15:30:15 UTC
Post by Young Martle
Post by Carter
How does one bookmark a page in Google Chrome?
click on the star to the left of the address bar / right of the
"Home" button.
Thanks YM. I've been trying to give Chrome a fair trial, so far
I thinks it fall short of Firefox.

Carter
Young Martle
2009-09-07 15:37:14 UTC
Post by Carter
Post by Young Martle
Post by Carter
How does one bookmark a page in Google Chrome?
click on the star to the left of the address bar / right of the
"Home" button.
Thanks YM. I've been trying to give Chrome a fair trial, so far
I thinks it fall short of Firefox.
Mostly use chrome these day but I do find some java to be a bit
finicky.

YM
Smoke286
2009-09-07 18:19:13 UTC
Post by Young Martle
Post by Carter
How does one bookmark a page in Google Chrome?
click on the star to the  left of the address bar / right of the
"Home" button.
Thanks YM.  I've been trying to give Chrome a fair trial, so far
I thinks it fall short of Firefox.
Mostly use chrome these day but I do find some java to be a bit
finicky.
YM
I use Chrome, it's ok. My main browser is IE8 though,which I think is
the best browser at the moment. I've tried all the main ones Firefox,
Opera (I'm Beta testing the latest version now), Safari. To my mind
Firefox is somewhat overated, unless one has the know-how to find the
right combination of extensions. Its ok, just out of the box it
doesn't do everything as well as IE8. I think a lot of the hype, as
with Apple is simply anti-microsoft rhetoric without much foundation.
davelane
2009-09-08 12:08:20 UTC
Post by Smoke286
Post by Young Martle
Post by Carter
How does one bookmark a page in Google Chrome?
click on the star to the  left of the address bar / right of the
"Home" button.
Thanks YM.  I've been trying to give Chrome a fair trial, so far
I thinks it fall short of Firefox.
Mostly use chrome these day but I do find some java to be a bit
finicky.
YM
I use Chrome, it's ok. My main browser is IE8 though,which I think is
the best browser at the moment. I've tried all the main ones Firefox,
Opera (I'm Beta testing the latest version now), Safari. To my mind
Firefox is somewhat overated, unless one has the know-how to find the
right combination of extensions. Its ok, just out of the box it
doesn't do everything as well as IE8. I think a lot of the hype, as
with Apple is simply anti-microsoft rhetoric without much foundation.
I like Chrome, too - using it right now in fact. It has a ways to go
before it's perfect, though.

As for the "open in new window" problem - I've encountered that a
couple of times, too. I think it's a bug. However, here's what I do,
and it seems to work: when you open the new window, you can resize it
by placing your mouse over the bottom right corner and then dragging
it. Then, make sure that's the *last window* you close the next time
you fully quit chrome. i'm pretty sure the browser remembers the size
of the last (non-maximized) window you closed and opens new windows to
that size.

hope that helps
dave
Young Martle
2009-09-08 12:24:20 UTC
Post by davelane
As for the "open in new window" problem - I've encountered that a
couple of times, too. I think it's a bug. However, here's what I do,
and it seems to work: when you open the new window, you can resize it
by placing your mouse over the bottom right corner and then dragging
it. Then, make sure that's the *last window* you close the next time
you fully quit chrome. i'm pretty sure the browser remembers the size
of the last (non-maximized) window you closed and opens new windows to
that size.
hope that helps
dave
Damn! That works. I'm sure I must have tried that!

Doh!

Thanks
YM
r***@gmail.com