Christmas traditions
Brockey
2004-12-17 17:00:31 UTC
As always, the Marshmallow Man occupies his place of honor on the Christmas
tree this year, very visibly in the front. He has looked better. In
marshmallow years, his age would be positively biblical, ancient enough to
have been in attendance at the manger.

Does your family have special Christmas traditions?

It seems as if time passes family traditions fade and pass also. Oh the
times are a changing, does your family still keep the tradition alive? A big
part of our heritage and traditions have changed in the past 20 years or so,
and that's just from my own experience at the age of 27.

Anyone care to take us all for a walk down memory lane?
Siobhan Bouzane
2004-12-17 17:39:53 UTC
When I was a child we had a few blown glass bird ornaments that held a
special place on the top branches of the tree and a Santa in a sleigh that
was smack in the middle in the front. My Sister gave me my very own blown
glass bird a few years ago that perches on the top branches of our tree.

We have also started a "Christmas Pickle" tradition. Santa hides the pickle
somewhere on the tree, and who ever finds it in the morning, gets a little
something from the "Christmas Pickle"

Siobhan
[Cassman]
2004-12-17 18:46:08 UTC
Post by Siobhan Bouzane
We have also started a "Christmas Pickle" tradition. Santa hides the pickle
somewhere on the tree, and who ever finds it in the morning, gets a little
something from the "Christmas Pickle"
OH NO... 'hides the Christmas Pickle'....what have you set yourself up
for????!!!! LOL
Let the postings BEGIN!!!! LOL
Brockey
Let the postings BEGIN!!!! LOL
Siobhan Bouzane
Let the postings BEGIN!!!! LOL
Dan Parrell
2004-12-18 16:08:04 UTC
Snip> "hide the pickle"
holy jumpin jezzis, took me a half hour to get up off the floor
LMFAO-
reminds me of another game only one third of the fun.
Snip> who ever finds it in the morning, gets a little
something from the "Christmas Pickle"
Ya I'd say. It's the kind of lttle something that nice dreams are made of.
LMFAO- pounds on table.loses breath,coughs,sees stars,gasps for air,wipes
eye's and trys to continue.
It's a big tradition in my house too lol
LMFAO
Wife keeps it alive whenever she's in the mood
OMFG-LMFAO,slight pain left chest, blurred vision,wipes eyes.
Thank you sincerely,never laughed so much in a long time.
I'm gonna ask the wife this evening when she gets home from work if shes big
on tradition.
Merry Christmas
Dan
Let the postings BEGIN!!!! LOL
Darryl Harding

Let the postings BEGIN!!!! LOL
I'm Such A Big Big Merrie Amsterburg Fan
2004-12-17 20:55:10 UTC
Post by Siobhan Bouzane
When I was a child we had a few blown glass bird ornaments that held a
special place on the top branches of the tree and a Santa in a sleigh that
was smack in the middle in the front. My Sister gave me my very own blown
glass bird a few years ago that perches on the top branches of our tree.
We have also started a "Christmas Pickle" tradition. Santa hides the pickle
somewhere on the tree, and who ever finds it in the morning, gets a little
something from the "Christmas Pickle"
Siobhan
Probabbably these people picked the pickle because of it's propensity
to be green, like the evergreen tree. The evergreen tree was worshipped
back in Old Testament times as a fertility symbol, for it is green
(fertile) throughout the year, other fertility symbols include obelisks
(Egyptian representations of penises) that are placed onto the roofs of
churches. People who should know better get caught up in traditions
that are in conflict with God's Commandments, for they seek to please
parents and other family members, rather than God. You forget the
Commandments of God, and so may God forget your children (Hosea 4:6).
-Daryl Shawn Kabatoff
m***@gmail.com
2014-12-17 14:15:36 UTC
Eww I'd hate to be shryl dawns children. You are no fun at all with your bible hodgepodge.
Lee Da Man
Jay
2004-12-18 14:27:24 UTC
Coming from an outport, I am steeped in so many Christmas Traditions that it
really is hard to seperate them and decide which one left the most indelible
print on my mind, but the one that still makes a tear come to my eye is the
sing song at my uncles house late on Christmas Eve. By the time that all the
families had gathered there, all hands would be in full voice. One uncle,
the eldest, with the deepest hardiest bass voice around, always let us get
the modern day carols out of the way and then, he'd stand in the center of
the room, assign parts to all singers and commence to conduct a rendition of
Silent Night that caused the hair on the back of my neck to stand up. He
died a few years ago, and becauce of time and distances our traditions are
fading and being replaced by those which we are building within our own
families, but that memory will live on for many years to come. To me it
represents all that is good about Chirstmas; family, sharing, and loving.