Buzzing sound out of LG LCD TV
leafs
2010-11-29 15:16:44 UTC
Hello all,

I bought a 37 inch LG LCD 2 weeks ago, and from the time I set it up
there was a constant
buzzing sound out of the back of it. It was really annoying and even
interrupting some of the lower volume
shows, so I brought it back for another of the same model.

This new one has the same buzzing, but not quite as loud. It's still
giving me grief though.

My question is: is this normal for this sort of tv?

I've only had a plasma before, and experienced none of these
problems.

Seriously considering bringing this one back and going with an
entirely different model.
Carter
2010-11-29 15:44:13 UTC
Post by leafs
Hello all,
I bought a 37 inch LG LCD 2 weeks ago, and from the time I set it up
there was a constant
buzzing sound out of the back of it. It was really annoying and even
interrupting some of the lower volume
shows, so I brought it back for another of the same model.
This new one has the same buzzing, but not quite as loud. It's still
giving me grief though.
My question is: is this normal for this sort of tv?
I've only had a plasma before, and experienced none of these
problems.
Seriously considering bringing this one back and going with an
entirely different model.
This was discussed here a little while ago. It's apparently not
related to the type of TV, i.e., plasma or LCD but rather to the
type of capacitors used, I believe. I'm sure someone less
technologically challenged than I am can be of more help in that
regard.

Trying a different model or brand might well solve your problem.
In fact, if it were me that's exactly what would be happening.
I have been using a Samsung LCD for a couple of years now and
it doesn't have that problem. In fact, it has caused me no
problem whatsoever. The last time I looked the two top rated
flat screen TVs were Samsung and Sony (I believe Sharp runs a
close third). They cost a few bucks more but, like I always say,
you gets what you pays for.

Carter
cloud dreamer
2010-11-29 19:14:31 UTC
Post by leafs
Hello all,
I bought a 37 inch LG LCD 2 weeks ago, and from the time I set it up
there was a constant
buzzing sound out of the back of it. It was really annoying and even
interrupting some of the lower volume
shows, so I brought it back for another of the same model.
This new one has the same buzzing, but not quite as loud. It's still
giving me grief though.
My question is: is this normal for this sort of tv?
I've only had a plasma before, and experienced none of these
problems.
Seriously considering bringing this one back and going with an
entirely different model.
Not normal with the Sony LCD. Mine is 5 years old and in perfect condition.

Bring it back for a Bravia.

:]
leafs
2010-12-02 03:29:55 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by leafs
Hello all,
I bought a 37 inch LG LCD 2 weeks ago, and from the time I set it up
there was a constant
buzzing sound out of the back of it. It was really annoying and even
interrupting some of the lower volume
shows, so I brought it back for another of the same model.
This new one has the same buzzing, but not quite as loud. It's still
giving me grief though.
My question is: is this normal for this sort of tv?
I've only had a plasma before, and experienced none of these
problems.
Seriously considering bringing this one back and going with an
entirely different model.
Not normal with the Sony LCD. Mine is 5 years old and in perfect condition.
Bring it back for a Bravia.
Okay, I am pretty sure I am bringing it back and exchanging the 37
inch LG for the 40 inch Sony Bravia. With the Bravia on sale, it is
only an extra 80$ more than the LG.

I will let you know how it goes. If the Bravia also disappoints, back
to the old tube tv I go ;)
rusty
entirely different model.
leafs
2010-11-30 07:04:49 UTC
Post by leafs
Hello all,
I bought a 37 inch LG LCD 2 weeks ago, and from the time I set it up
there was a constant
buzzing sound out of the back of it. It was really annoying and even
interrupting some of the lower volume
shows, so I brought it back for another of the same model.
This new one has the same buzzing, but not quite as loud. It's still
giving me grief though.
My question is: is this normal for this sort of tv?
I've only had a plasma before, and experienced none of these
problems.
Seriously considering bringing this one back and going with an
entirely different model.- Hide quoted text -
Really? I have had two different LG tvs of the same model.

My cable box is of the older variety, however. It doesn't have a spot
on it for the HDMI cable; I was planning on getting a new box anyways
to accomodate HDMI
instead of the component cables.

But, I have tried it with the digital box unplugged and the only thing
plugged in to the tv was the Playstation 3 playing a Blue Ray tv, and
I had the same problem.

Maybe I will hold off on bringing the tv back until I try it on a new
box. I must say I'm still a bit skeptical though.

Currently I have my eye on replacing the 37 inch LG with the 40 inch
Sony Bravia.
Leon
2010-12-01 12:09:29 UTC
Try unplugging everything from the TV except the power cable and see if
the TV still buzzes.

FYI I recently purchased a Samsung LED TV (Series 5) and it had a slight
buzzing problem when powered off - enough to be annoying when you walked
into the room and it was otherwise quiet. I exchanged the TV for a LCD
model (Series 6) and this one has been perfect - no buzzing and
otherwise a great TV.
Sony Bravia.
s***@gmail.com
I got rid of this humming noise by changing"auto volume from on to off.
Art
a***@gmail.com
Turning "auto volume" off worked for me
c***@gmail.com
2017-01-24 00:08:15 UTC
How to get to "auto columns" ???

h***@gmail.com
2012-12-22 03:56:03 UTC
I had this problem and fixed it just by plugging the TV into a separate power socket than the rest of my electrical devices. It was plugged into a multi-tap and then I plugged it into the wall and the buzzing sound went away.