Can dogs take Gravol?
Di
2005-07-01 15:54:31 UTC
Can I give my dog Gravol for car sickness. Has anyone ever given it and is
it safe?

Thanks
Qwerty
2005-07-01 16:05:54 UTC
I think that would be a question for a vet to answer.
Thanks
robin
2005-07-01 16:16:51 UTC
Our yellow lab used to get car sick almost every time
during his first year, but he eventually got over it...
loves going in the car now and never gets sick
anymore....
as far as the gravol goes I wouldnt use it often
and make sure its a small doseage, half or quarter of a pill maybe
Thanks
NaDeana
2005-07-01 16:24:15 UTC
Post by Di
Can I give my dog Gravol for car sickness. Has anyone ever given it and is
it safe?
Thanks
Give the dog his milligrams in weight of childrens tablet. If the dogs
weighs 50 lbs, then he will get 50mg (2 children's 25mg tablets). You
should give it to the dog an hour before you leave. However, you should
also note that this does not always work. Do not feed your dog for 4-6
hours before you leave. This should help also. We get this question daily.
Jim
2005-07-01 19:34:01 UTC
According to a few sites, it's ok to give a dog gravol.
The recommended dosage is between 25 and 50 mg every 8 hours for a medium to
large dog. 12.5 for a small dog
Thanks
Organic-Gal
2005-07-01 20:42:02 UTC
Rescue Remedy (bach flower) is an excellent all natural remedy for dogs
with motion sickness, anxiety, fear etc...

you can also use it for stressful times such as if your dog is going to
the groomer.

It is good for humans as well. It can be purchased in the natural
value section of Dominion and comes in a little yellow box.
David
2005-07-02 17:47:08 UTC
I saw just that on a snall sticky-note by the phone at the vets office on
Wednesday... it had 3 weith ranges marked on it... with the maximum being
"Over 50lbs = 50mg Gravol"

Call and check for yourself... heck Sunrise Animal Hospital in Mnt Pearl is
the one I was at... I am sure they will tell you what their sticker says!

:)

Cheers,

David.
Thanks
d***@hotmail.com
2014-08-28 17:30:42 UTC
I have last night .My dog has been throwing up....Not going to the vet!they are too much money!
cloud dreamer
2014-08-28 17:59:11 UTC
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by Di
Can I give my dog Gravol for car sickness. Has anyone ever given it and is
it safe?
Thanks
I have last night .My dog has been throwing up....Not going to the vet!they are too much money!
If you can't afford to care for an animal, don't get one.

..
LaRocca
2014-09-13 16:29:42 UTC
Truer words were never spoken....Thanks.
s***@gmail.com
2016-08-29 02:26:44 UTC
Really? So a person financialy well off gets a dog and actually keeps it through hard times 10 years later should not have gotten it right?
j***@gmail.com
2015-06-27 21:50:43 UTC
Helpful advice, although many vets are happy to rip people off the first and every chance they get. We had to work out way through 3 vets before we found one that was concerned about the well being of our pets not our wallets
l***@gmail.com
2015-08-28 20:13:41 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by Di
Can I give my dog Gravol for car sickness. Has anyone ever given it and is
it safe?
Thanks
I have last night .My dog has been throwing up....Not going to the vet!they are too much money!
I have 2 dogs I cant afford to have vet care.. if I really really needed to id bring him but thatd be sum serious emergency I think most vets are con artists unless u rich fucks out there think if u cant afford vet care don't have a pet so something like 60% of people cant afford health care and they all have kids does that mean because they cant afford it they shouldn't have kids?? cuz I think youd much rather need to take your kid to a doctor then a pet so hmmmmm..... stop the ignorance it pisses people off some people don't have all the money in the world and to those who do and think otherwise I really hope I see you someday because I really wont be nice to you when I do... also I can preety much guarantee you 100000% that my dog behaves a lot better and it just as not if not more healthy.... im sick and tired of people talking down to people who don't have money why don't you take your house and cars.... and pets and stick them right in that used up slot in your backside!lmao....
..
p***@gmail.com
2016-03-11 16:46:46 UTC
That's kinda rude to say
Carter
2014-09-13 16:51:07 UTC
Post by d***@hotmail.com
Post by Di
Can I give my dog Gravol for car sickness. Has anyone ever given it and is
it safe?
Thanks
I have last night .My dog has been throwing up....Not going to the vet!they are too much money!
Notwithstanding the ignorant replies you have received so far, I
suggest you google your query. Here is one answer provided by
google;

http://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/62kgo-dog-gravol-upset-stomach.html

Carter
b***@gmail.com
2015-06-05 14:09:53 UTC
Carter you are right. Some if us have and love our pets so much before we become ill or our finances change. I have cancer and all my animals are therapy for me. Could you part with yours in this situation. People are ignorant and cruel. Only some, most animal lovers understand. Thanks Carter.
b***@gmail.com
2015-06-05 14:09:53 UTC
p***@gmail.com
2014-09-26 16:50:13 UTC
Wow - thanks for the info. I'm lucky to have a Vet who is actually not trying to be a Millionaire but does it for the love of animals. Had my dog neutered cost all included $155; got a quote from different vet $400 + meds and follow up. You shouldn't have to be rich to love a pet.
s***@gmail.com
2016-01-07 18:31:32 UTC
My puppy recently fell ill. The vet said she's suffering with Parvo. With the gravol.....they said it's perfectly fine to use but with puppies..you should use liquid instead of the tablet.
g***@gmail.com
2016-02-09 16:20:46 UTC
Thanks for that...the liquid gravol...