Flower Hill at Folk Night
David Dalton
2015-08-17 04:24:38 UTC
This Wednesday, August 19, 9--11:30 p.m., at Folk Night at
The Ship Pub in St. John's, Newfoundland, the headliners
will be Flower Hill.

Cover is $5, there are door prizes, there is an open
mic set between the two headline sets, and open mic
performers get a free beer. Also the kitchen is open
until 8 p.m.

Here is the blurb from http://nlfolk.com/folknight.php# :

Four seasoned musicians from St. John's have combined their talents in
this bluegrass & old time country band. Andrea Monro, Sherry Ryan,
Darren Browne and Dave Rowe demonstrate a vast array of musical styling,
all bringing their own influences to the group and finding happy common
ground in the music of Dolly Parton, Bill Monroe, Claire Lynch and Bobby
Charles (to name a few). They have had the pleasure of performing at
several local venues, including the LSPU Hall, Masonic Lodge, The Black
Sheep, and the Ship Pub.

Next week (August 26) there will be a traditional session
hosted this month by Danny Mills of The Freels.
"When the train, it left the station, with two lights on behind
Well, the blue light was my blues, and the red light was my mind" (R.J.)
David Dalton
2015-08-26 04:32:17 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Next week (August 26) there will be a traditional session
hosted this month by Danny Mills of The Freels.
That's tomorrow (Wednesday) night. Sorry for the
short notice.
"Peaches in the summertime, apples in the fall
If I can¹t have you all the time, I won¹t have none at all" (trad)