Can you refreeze Moose meat???
Jr
2004-05-04 18:48:05 UTC
I accidently left my stand up freezer door open last night, and the few
moose steaks I had there all tawed out, can I refreeze them? also a few
trout and chilli. Thanks for any help.
DARRYL HARDING
2004-05-04 18:55:03 UTC
it id unsafe to refreeze any met.....however cook em up and bottle em
...it isnt as bad as many think it is.....and i love it..i bottle at
every opportunity

Darryl
David
2004-05-05 01:07:38 UTC
Well - HOW thawed was it? Did it still have ice crystals in it - i.e was it
more like "slush" or was it completely thawed. If it was still iced, it
should be fine to keep - not a good wuality, but not dangerous.

But... if you are worried.. .just cook it now and freeze the cooked meat.
Not a good, but again, safe.

David.
I Don't Give A Damn
2004-05-05 10:27:09 UTC
You cannot refreeze thawed meat although you can cook it and then refreeze.
D. Jeddore
2004-05-05 13:35:41 UTC
Naw, you cant and furthermore the law states you have to give it to the
first person who asks . . . can I have it!
:o)

Dan