`In Cod We TrustED' posters
r***@gmail.com
2014-01-31 06:51:07 UTC
Hello,
Do you still sell the poster 'In Cod We TrustED'?
If so, I am interested in purchasing one.

Thanks,
Aline Litt
* * * POSTERS * * *
Newfoundland Speedbump
Expose Yourself to Newfoundland
In Cod We TrustED
I produce and distribute these posters. But after 16 years on the Rock, I
have recently moved to the Halifax area which means that the posters are
no longer getting the `exposure' they deserve.
If you have been unable to find a copy of any one of these posters, just
e-mail me for information on the nearest retailer. (If you were selling
these posters and have run out, please drop me a note also).
Yours,
David N. Barron
Northern Maritime Research (formerly - Terra Nova Trivia)
PS - I also have `Expose Yourself to Nova Scotia' (shot at Peggy's Cove).
r***@gmail.com

c***@digevents.ca
I might like one too. How much are the posters?
d***@gmail.com
2015-11-09 19:01:27 UTC
Is it possible to still order a print?
i***@postthisinc.com
2015-11-30 03:59:33 UTC
(2015/11/30 update)

The "In Cod We Trusted" poster was created by David N. Barron back in 1989 as a tribute to the demise of the East Coast fisheries and the later complete close of cod fishing. Prior to the arrival of foreign off-shore trawlers, Cod was the live-blood of every Newfoundland community. The original photo, shot in Battle Harbour, Labrador circa 1903, came from a glass negative at the Newfoundland Provincial Archives and was entitled "Three Big Fish". While some Americans may be upset with the phrase "In Cod We Trusted" due to the similarity of the words "In God We Trust" found on American currency, I always reply that `Canadians believe in God' and trust everyone! lol. David N. Barron www.PostThisInc.com/images/InCod-url.jpg

The `Newfoundland Speedbump" poster was created in 1990 by David N. Barron (of St. John's, NL.; x-Terra Nova Trivia, x-Northern Maritime Research, then Post This Inc.). The idea arose from the thousands of moose that are seen on Newfoundland highways every year. The intent was to create a humorous way to warn drivers of this problem. The very small print (above the word `Newfoundland') reads "This is not a"... and the other small print (below the word `Speedbump') reads, "Since their successful introduction to Newfoundland in 1904, the moose population has grown to the extent of becoming a hazard to motorists. Please do not let an 1800-pound moose make an impression on your vehicle." www.PostThisInc.com/images/NfSB-url.jpg The original photo was shot Dave Quinton of CBC's `Land and Sea' television program and is believed to have been taken in Terra Nova National Park.
t***@gmail.com
I don't know if this thread is still alive, but I've been hunting everywhere for one of the Cod posters. Please let me know if it can be obtained.
p***@gmail.com
Any chance you can let me know where can I buy the poster "in cod we trusted". I would really appreciate it if you know. Pedro.
j***@gmail.com