Denis Parker & John Clarke at Folk Night
David Dalton
2016-06-21 05:39:49 UTC
This Wednesday, June 22, 9--11:30 p.m., at Folk Night at
The Ship Pub in St. John's, Newfoundland, the headliners
will be acoustic blues duo Denis Parker and John Clarke.

Cover is $5, there are door prizes, there is an open
mic set between the two headline sets, and open mic
performers get a free beer. Also the kitchen is open
until 8 p.m.

Here is the blurb fromhttps://www.facebook.com/nlfolk/events:

"Taking a short break from all the electric action (man it's been a long time
since we done this acoustical thang), we will be ripping it up for your
listening pleasure and we will start at 9:00 pm for those that must rip and
slip by midnight.

Denis Parker http://www.denisparker.com/
John Clarke http://www.slideguy.net/ "

Next week (June 29)there will be atraditional session hosted by flute and
tinwhistle
player Gerry Strong,and the week after that (July 6) The Freels will
headline.
“ `There must be some way out of here’ said the joker to the thief
`There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief' " (Bob Dylan)
David Dalton
2016-06-24 02:57:28 UTC
Post by David Dalton
This Wednesday, June 22, 9--11:30 p.m., at Folk Night at
The Ship Pub in St. John's, Newfoundland, the headliners
will be acoustic blues duo Denis Parker and John Clarke.
Cover is $5, there are door prizes, there is an open
mic set between the two headline sets, and open mic
performers get a free beer. Also the kitchen is open
until 8 p.m.
"Taking a short break from all the electric action (man it's been a long time
since we done this acoustical thang), we will be ripping it up for your
listening pleasure and we will start at 9:00 pm for those that must rip and
slip by midnight.
Denis Parker http://www.denisparker.com/
John Clarke http://www.slideguy.net/ "
They are playing the Rochester Jazz Festival on July 1 and 2
with their electric blues band Denis Parker & The Modern Saints.
Here is a link that gives the showtimes and locations of
their three performances plus a bio and picture:
http://www.rochesterjazz.com/artist_lineup/?artist_id=117
David Dalton
2016-06-25 05:23:41 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by David Dalton
[...]
Denis will also reunite with his old partner Roger Howse for a
set at the 40th annual Newfoundland and Labrador Folk
Festival the weekend after the first Wednesday in August.