Sarah McLachlan Canadian tour
David Dalton
2014-11-18 00:29:02 UTC
Sarah McLachlan's Canadian tour dates are listed at
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/tour/canada-2014/ .
You can purchase tickets through that site, and
there are VIP tickets which allow you to meet her.

There are upcoming dates in Moncton, Halifax,
Corner Brook, and St. John's (where I am).

If you go to any of the shows could you follow up
to this post with at least a short review? I will
after the tour-ending Saturday night show here in
St. John's.

This will be the ninth time I will have heard her
live and she always puts on a great show. Also
I think this is the first time she will have been
in Newfoundland in twenty years, and I really hope
that those protesting her stance against the seal
hunt won't keep her away for that long again.
"Never say goodbye/Never say goodbye/
What kind of precious fool am I/To never say goodbye" (Amelia Curran)
David Dalton
2014-11-22 04:18:40 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Sarah McLachlan's Canadian tour dates are listed at
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/tour/canada-2014/ .
You can purchase tickets through that site, and
there are VIP tickets which allow you to meet her.
There are upcoming dates in Moncton, Halifax,
Corner Brook, and St. John's (where I am).
If you go to any of the shows could you follow up
to this post with at least a short review? I will
after the tour-ending Saturday night show here in
St. John's.
This will be the ninth time I will have heard her
live and she always puts on a great show. Also
I think this is the first time she will have been
in Newfoundland in twenty years, and I really hope
that those protesting her stance against the seal
hunt won't keep her away for that long again.
So how was the Corner Brook concert?
David Dalton
2014-11-28 05:08:47 UTC
Post by David Dalton
If you go to any of the shows could you follow up
to this post with at least a short review? I will
after the tour-ending Saturday night show here in
St. John's.
Sarah was at the top of her form, probably due to her
being in a happy relationship and leading a healthier
lifestyle than many music stars, and was backed by
some stellar musicians. They did all of Sarah's
big songs since and including the Fumbling Towards
Ecstasy album. I think the turnout was about 3000
which was good considering the protest against her
stance against the seal hunt and considering the
fact that she hadn't been here in twenty years and
that this was her first stadium show in St. John's.
I bet the next time she comes she will sell out
Mile One Centre.

I won the online contest at http://joinsarahonstage.com/
so I and a guest got to sit on stage for the last few
songs of the first set, plus Sarah came and said hi and
gave each of us a hug and we had pictures taken with her.
The picture with me is now towards the bottom of my
home page (see below). This was a thrill of a lifetime
for me since I have been a big fan of Sarah since 1989.

Anyway, we certainly got our money worth; she did at
least twenty-two songs (there was no opening act).
She looked and sounded great; her sweetie Geoff
Courtnall is a lucky guy. She dedicated the song
Brink of Destruction to him.